* The restaurant must be a privately-owned and follow Mexican laws
* It must be open to the general public
* The address must be a fixed location (no itinerant establishments) with the capability to seat all patrons to enjoy their meals.
* There must be a full menu available with all prices displayed.
* The staff must include a Chef or Head of Kitchen
* New restaurants can participate if they were opened during 2018
Registration is free and must be submitted to the Organizing Committee. These forms can be obtained by phone at (624)143-3499 or by email at.
SECOND EDITION (2019)
Launch: November 22, 2018 (Venue: Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar)
Registration Period: November 23, 2018 – January 23, 2019
Evaluation Period: December 10, 2018 – February 28, 2019
Nominations Announcement: March 13, 2019 (Venue: TBA)
Gala Ceremony: April 24, 2019 (Venue: TBA)
~ Jury Awards ~
1. Restaurant of the Year, inside a Hotel
2. Restaurant of the Year, in the City
3. Restaurant of the Year, in Todos Santos – Pescadero
4. New Restaurant
5. Consolidated Restaurant
6. Chef of the Year
7. Rising New Chef
8. Culinary Concept
9. Sweet – Dessert Proposal
10. Bar of the Year
11. Bartender of the Year
12. Wine Selection
13. Outstanding Service
~ People’s Choice Awards (Online Vote) ~
1. Culinary Experience: Cabo San Lucas, in the City
2. Culinary Experience: Cabo San Lucas, inside a hotel
3. Culinary Experience: Los Cabos Tourist Corridor
4. Culinary Experience: San José del Cabo, in the City
5. Culinary Experience: San José del Cabo, inside a hotel
6. Culinary Experience: Todos Santos – Pescadero
7. Casual Restaurant
8. Option for Breakfast and/or Café
9. Option for Lunch
10. Experience in a Bar
~ Special Award ~
Culinary Achievement. Prize for contributing over the years to the culinary experience in Los Cabos. This category is outside of competition and is selected by the Organizing Committee of Culinary Awards Los Cabos
CATEGORIES. SECOND EDITION (2019)
Categories could be modified accordingly to new rules.
• Launch &Call
Press Conference. Call via eblast, Social Network and Personal Meetings
• Registration Period
Owners and/or General Managers and/or Qualified Staff register their Restaurant in accord to the criteria for participation.
Participation is free of charge and voluntary.
Restaurants must name a Project Leader. He or She must have the authority complete this registration form, as well as to provide the information requested in said form.
• Jury Selection
Jury must be integrated by people recognized as Culinary Expert and foodie. Local restaurants followers. Jury is always kept anonymous as they visit all registered restaurants and paid for their consumption by their own. President of the Jury is of the public domain as He or She is the spokesperson of the whole Jury.
• Evaluation Process (Jury Awards)
Members of the Jury visit all registered restaurants in combination. According to the Criteria for Evaluation, they emit their votes. To guarantee the validity of the results, an audit is performed by the Crowe Horwath firm.
• Evaluation Process (People’s Choice Awards)
Online voting starts at the same time the Jury is visiting the restaurants. Residents and visitors can support their favorite restaurant according to the different categories.
Some of the aspects that are considered by the Jury are:
• Taste and Presentation
• Originality and handling of ingredients
• Serving sizes
• Hygiene in public areas