March 23, Los Cabos Baja Califronia Sur
The gastronomic scene in Los Cabos was celebrated, in 2018 and 2019, by rewarding the best in culinary offerings in our destination at spectacular galas to showcase the winners.
There were more than 100 restaurants registered in each year to be evaluated by a jury made up of local experts.
The general community also had an important role to play, through online voting, in selecting their favorite restaurants.
LOS CABOS, BCS –The third edition, with the alliance between Tendencia El Arte de Viajar and PR Solutions, will once again recognize the best of the region’s gastronomic offering through Culinary Awards Los Cabos. The best restaurants in Los Cabos will be evaluated by a jury and online voting.
Representatives of the state and municipal governments, tourist organizations associated with the food and beverage industry, sponsors, special guests, and members of the Organizing Committee, met at Toro Cabo, a restaurant that received awards in the previous editions.
Members of the Presidium:
- Rodrigo Esponda, Director of the Los Cabos Tourism Board, who accompanied us on behalf of Rosa Maribel Collins Sanchez Secretary of State for Tourism and Economy.
- Luz Maria Zepeda, representing Jesus Ordoñez, General Director for the Baja California Sur Tourism Trust.
- Rafael García Ceseña, Director of Economic Development, representing Professor Oscar Leggs Castro, Mayor of the XIV Municipality of Los Cabos.
- Lilzi Orci, Executive President of the Los Cabos Hotel Association.
- María Romero, legal advisor, representing Donna Jeffries, Director of Municipal Tourism.
- Irlanda Fisher, Director of Public Relations for del XIV Municipality of Los Cabos.
- Jesus Corral, President of the Jury.
- Renato Mendoca, President of the Jury Committee.
- Sergio Iván Bautista, Consulting and Audit firm of Crowe.
- Linda McHatton, CEO of PR Solutions and Host for Culinary Awards Los Cabos.
- Claudia del Pino, Director of Tendencia and Host for Culinary Awards Los Cabos.
- Jorge Carbo, General Director for Punta Ballena, and Toro Cabo restaurant, host venue.
This year, in addition to the evaluation process, there will be a special preselection committee composed of experts from the food and beverage industry. This committee will determine in which category each of the registered restaurants will participate in. They will be able to register at no cost on the culinary-awards.com project website starting April 1st until the deadline of April 30th.
The general evaluation period to determine the nominees in each category will run from May 1st until August 31st. During this same time period, a local juror will visit preselected restaurants to issue an evaluation using a report card. Likewise, the community in general will be able to support their favorite restaurants by voting online. The entire evaluation process will be verified by the consulting firm Crowe.
In a near future, we will announce the date and location where we will reveal the nominees, as well as where and when the awards ceremony will be held. These dates are projected to be in May and June of this year, respectively.
After the awards ceremony, a Restaurant Guide will be published both in print and digitally.
It is important to mention that all the restaurants that register will be invited to participate by submitting a recipe using local products and inspired by the regional food of the state. The purpose of this is to preserve the reginal gastronomy through the creation. both in print and digitally, of a “Southern Baja California Recipe” that will be on the menu of each restaurant to inform diners about our region and its foods.
- Restaurant of the Year, in a Hotel
- Restaurant of the Year, in the City
- Restaurant of the year in Todos Santos and Pescadero
- New Restaurant
- Consolidated Restaurant
- Bar of the Year
- Wine Selection
- Outstanding Service
- Rising New Chef
- Chef of the Year
- Culinary Concept
- Sweet Proposals
- Culinary Experience: Cabo San Lucas, in a Hotel
- Culinary Experience: Cabo San Lucas, in the City
- Culinary Experience: Tourist Corridor
- Culinary Experience: San José del Cabo, in a Hotel
- Culinary Experience: San José del Cabo, in the City
- Culinary Experience: Todos Santos and Pescadero
People’s Choice – Culinary Excellence
- Option for Breakfast and/or Café
- Option for Lunch
- Bar Experience
CULINARY ACHIVEMENT: given by the Organizing Committee of Culinary Awards Los Cabos
For more information and for follow-up of the event, we invite you to visit our social media networks:
Culinary Awards Los Cabos
Argel M Ruiz